SPECIALIZED CASELOADSDomestic Violence
Deputies work with the Courts, police, victim advocates and other community resources to provide services to domestic violence cases and to comply with the California Penal Code Section 1203.097.
Our goal is to reduce incidents of domestic violence by providing a variety of special services.
To meet our goals of batterer accountability, victim safety and compliance with legal mandates, the Department:
- Has dedicated domestic and family violence caseloads and designated staff
- Classifies all domestic violence cases or cases with domestic violence conditions for maximum level of supervision
- Provides extensive training for staff supervising domestic violence caseloads
- Provides resource information and collects court-ordered restitution for victims
- Works in collaboration with community-based organizations and actively participates on the Alameda County Family Violence Council
- Approves and monitors batterers' intervention programs, pursuant to Penal Code 1203.097 and 1203.098, to serve the culturally diverse population of the County